From theatrical_muse: Which words would you like to see added to/removed from common use?
Not that I have any say (as usual), but here's a list of words and phrases I'd like to see go.
- grade, delta, bond slave, and anything to do with ranking people
- readjustment, brain-washing, and reprogramming unless you're doing it to a computer
- human resources - we're not resources, we're people if you haven't noticed. And that means you too, Blake
- with all due respect - this is always a lie
- folk - not the music (werl, not really) but using it for people. It sounds, I dunno, folksy and that's almost never right. Not in my galaxy anyway.
- fool - that'd improve Avon's repertoire of insults
Added? That's a lot harder.
- vilafication for unwarranted attacks on my intelligence
- blaked for when something's been blown up or sabotaged or just generally stuffed
- acquisition engineer - my preferred professional designation